Monday, January 19, 2009

A trip down memory lane: My first projects

Truth is, I (kinda) learned to sew many moons ago in college, in the costume shop. But, there was a dry spell for, oh, seven years.

On a whim, in mid-October of 2006, I decided I would make the boys costumes for Halloween. I asked Tiffany to for a sewing machine loaner (how trusting she was!!), I found a fabric store and that's all it took. I was hooked.

Before I started on the costumes, I made this (just to see if I could sew at all):



Then I made these:







And then I bought my own machine and made this:



And then my incredibly trusting sister, commissioned this:


(It's a t-shirt quilt. It was a gift. I look scary. I know.)

Just wanted to share some of my roots.

1 comment:

  1. Oh the conversations in the costume shop. Did you keep coming back for more because you wanted to learn to sew or because the convo was so outlandish that you just had to come back? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete